Current Open Positions, Humbolt Street, Rochester NY
Machine Technician – Vacuum Coating Machine Operator
Machine Technician is responsible for the preparation and operation of thin vacuum deposition chamber for optical coatings. This is a full-time position, working closely on parts for our customers.
- Setup/ Operate and maintain high vacuum thin-film coating chambers.
- Maintain documentation to track parts through the production process.
- Complete inspection and certification paperwork – Neatness and Accuracy critical
- Cleaning and setup of Optical parts in required tooling
- Inspection – Optical Components for visual
- Blueprint and documentation reading
- Production machine setup and maintenance
- Maintain controls and technology on Vacuum Coating Machines
- Optics and Component handling and cleaning and Molded Plastics or Glass optics experience a plus
- Neatness and attention to detail are a must
- Mechanical skills a plus – will learn machine maintenance and operation
- Basic math skills, reading, and writing of production records required
- Inspection experience, is a plus.
- Willing to learn, able to read written instructions, and follow written and verbal procedures
- Ability to read production documentation and basic part prints.
- Must be able to use basic tools (screwdriver, wrench, etc.) to make simple adjustments to tooling for product fit.
- Must be able to stand or for long periods of time, 1-2 hours, bench work and good visual acuity.
- Able to lift maximum of 30 pounds.
Optics Manufacturing Associate
AccuCoat Inc. a Custom Optical Coating Company is currently accepting resumes to handle customer parts. Our customers are important to us so a keen eye and attention to detail is necessary for this position.
- Preparation of incoming goods for optical coatings – Glass, Plastic and Metal Optics
- Hand Cleaning or Sonic Cleaning of parts may be required
- Maintain documentation to track parts through the production process
- Complete Inspection and Certification paperwork
- Tool Setup and preparation of production jobs
- Inspection – Visual and Dimensional
- Packing and unpacking of parts
- Assist Production Control with receiving and scheduling
- Inspection experience is a plus.
- Optics experience “handling and cleaning”.
- Molding or Assembly experience preferred.
- Ability to convert diameters of parts
- High school diploma or equivalent
For more information or to apply, please submit your resume and work-related references to firstname.lastname@example.org
AccuCoat Inc. is a world-class optical coating facility producing a wide range of thin-film optical coatings such as anti-reflective, beam splitters, dichroic and metal mirrors, filters, and ITO coatings for global customers. Conveniently located in Rochester, NY. Privately owned and highly accomplished firm.